ajucolta – Shallap Trek
This beautiful trek is located to the east side of Huaraz on Rajucolta and Shallap valley with bearthtaking view from the pass, en each valley we will see beautiful water falls, dense grassland, Quenual forest, this circuit is not recommendable for people, who are not in shape because is challenge and strenuous trek.
• Maximum altitude: 4900 m. (Huamashpunta pass).
• Difficulty: Challenge – strenuous.
• Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz city at (3100m) – Rajucolta gate at (4000m) – Tambillo Lake at (4300m). (Trek time: 5 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 1 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 9:00 am, to the south side until Macashca village from this village we will drive up on dirt road along Rajucolta valley until gate, from that point we will walk up enjoying the beautiful landscape, waterfalls, and impressive view of mount Huantzan to the background, after around 5 hours trek we will reach our camp site at lake Tambillo. Overnight camp at Lake Tambillo
DAY 2: Tambillo Lake at (4300m) – Huamash punta pass at (4900m) – Shallap Lake at (4300m). (Trek time: 7 hours (ascend & descend).
After our hearty breakfast we will pick up our trek gears, then we will start climbing up on not very clear path toward Huamash punta pass at 4900 m, all the walk up time we will see mount Huantzan, on the pass we will be very close to mount Huantzan, and also where we will be able to taking scenic photos about enoscapped peaks, deep valley, etc, after that we will descend until our next camp at lake Shallap ahead of Shallap valley. Last night camp at Lake Shallap
DAY 3: Shallap Lake at (4300m) – Jancu village at (3900m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 5 hours (descend) / driving time: 1 hour).
After our breakfast we will walk down on easy grass valley until Jancu village, after 3 hour walking down we will reach Jancu village, where our private transport is waiting us to back to Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Portes, who will support loading our trek gear.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Rajucolta gate / Jancu village – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.