Artesonraju Climbing 6,025m
Artezonraju is one of the classic summits between 6 thousand meters, by his pyramidal shape, which is view from Pisco summit, the approach route is in Santa Cruz valley, and normal route to climb is lies on east face and north ridge on Artezon valley, this route require a wide climbing knowledge, good shape and technique to climb.
• Maximum altitude: 6025 m. (Artezonraju summit).
• Difficulty: Very hard – technique.
• Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
• Preferred time: May – September.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C on the top – 10°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Caraz at (2200m) – Cashapampa at (2970m) – Llama coral at (3760m). (Driving time: 3 hours / trek time: 4 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00am along Callejón de Huaylas until Caraz then we will continue driving on dirt road until Cashapampa village at 2900m, where we are going to meet with our donkey drivers; From this village our climb gears will be transported by donkeys until Llamacoral campsite. Overnight camp at Llamacoral.
DAY 2: Llama Coral at (3760m) – Taullipampa camp at (4250m). (Trek time: 5 hours (walk up).
After our breakfast at 8:00e will walk up along quebrada Santa Cruz on the way passing by two beautiful glacier lakes lake Jatuncocha (in quechua mean big lake) until Quisuar then we will walk up on several switchbacks until Taullipampa Camp site at 4300m. Overnight camp at Taullipampa.
DAY 3: Taullipampa camp at (4250m) – Artesonraju moraine camp at (4900m). (Climbing time: 5 hours (ascent).
After our breakfast at 8:00am we will start walking up toward moraine camp at 4900m, on the way we will make short stop to have lunch, then we will continue walking up until moraine camp. Overnight camp at moraine
DAY 4: Artesonraju moraine camp at (4900m) – Artezonraju summit at (6025m) – Moraine camp at (4900m).(Climbing time: 15 hours (ascent & descent).
This day very early at 1:00 am. we cross the glacier between camp and the bergschrund at the base of the north ridge, then we follow the ridge climbing until reach the summit at 6025m, from the top we will have a splendid view about several peaks around us peaks such as: Huandoy, Pisco, Santa Cruz, Pirámide Garcilazo, group Pucajircas, Taulliraju, Alpamayo and majestic Huascaran mountain, after that we will descent on the same route climb up with rappels until moraine camp, where we will sleep, rest and spend other night more. Overnight camp at moraine
DAY 5: Artesonraju moraine camp at (4900m) – Taullipampa camp at (4250m). Climbing time: 3 hours (ascent).
After our breakfast at 8:00am we will start walking down toward base camp at Taullipampa at 4250m. In the afternoon we will enjoy amazing sunset. Last night camp at moraine.
DAY 6: Taullipampa camp. at (4250m) – Cashapampa village at (2970m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 7 hours (walk down).
After our breakfast we will pick up our climbing gear, then we will walk down on the Santa Cruz valley until Cashapampa village at 2970m, where will be waiting us our private transport to drive Huaraz. End our expeditions
OUR CLIMB PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified mountain guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, chairs, table and full utensil kitchen).
• Climbing gear (climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe rope, etc).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkeys service to transport our climbing logistic.
• Porters, who are support loading our collective climbing gear from base camp to moraine camp.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Cashapampa / Cashapampa – Huaraz.
• Climbing meal (breakfast, picnic or lunch and dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Climbing permits to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C) .
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz..
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR
– Climbing boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Light weight Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Light weight Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.