Chopicalqui Climbing at 6,354m
Chopicalqui mountain is lies to the east of huge Huascaran mountain, it is one of the classic mountain to climb, the normal road spread on the south – west ridge with steep slope ice terraces, close the summit there is an impressive ice mushroom, from the summit we will see several peaks as: majestic Huascaran mountain, group Huandoy, Pisco, Chacraraju, Hualcan mountains, and colorful glacier lakes into deep valleys.
Maximum altitude: 6354 m. (Chopicalqui summit).
• Difficulty: Difficult.
• Duration: 4 days / 3 nights.
• Preferred time: May – September.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C on the top – 10°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Yungay at (2500m) – Chopicalqui base camp at (4300m) – Moraine Camp (4850m). (Driving time: 3 hours) / trek time: 5 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 6:00 am, we will drive toward north side along Callejon de huaylas until Yungay city then we will deviate toward Llanganuco valley passing on the way bay two beautiful glacier lakes in Llanganuco valley until Chopicalqui big switchback at 4200 m, from this point we will start walking up toward Moraine Camp at 4850m with porters support. Overnight at moraine camp.
DAY 2: Chopicalqui moraine Camp at (4850m) – High Camp (5400m). (Climbing time: 4 hours (ascent).
After our breakfast we will follow walking up With Porters help, who are load our climbing stuffs, we will climb up on the rocky part until edge the ice, then we will continue climbing up by easy slopes route until reach the high camp on the southwest ridge. Overnight at high camp.
DAY 3: Chopiclqui high camp at (5400m) – Chopicalqui summit (6354 m) – high camp at (5400m) – Moraine Camp at (4850m). (Climbing time: 4 hours (ascent & descent).
SUMMIT DAY, we will have breakfast very early at 1:00am then we will start climbing up on south west ridge with some steep snow and ice, after 6 hours climbing up we will reach the top, From the summit we are going to take the most magnificent pictures around us, several peaks as: Pisco at 5752 m, Huandoy 6395 m, Chacraraju 6112 m, Contrahierbas mountains 6036 m, and Peruvian highest peaks mount Huascaran 6768 m. Then we will start descending on the same route with rappels on difficult sites until high camp – moraine camp. Last night camp at moraine or base camp.
DAY 4: Chopicalqui moraine camp/ base camp – Chopicalqui curve – Huaraz. (Climbing time: 4 hours (walk down)/ driving time: 3 hours).
After our breakfast we will pick up our climb gear and then we will walk down toward Chopicalqui curve, where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz. End our expeditions.
OUR CLIMB PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified mountain guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, chairs, table and full utensil kitchen)..
• Climbing gear (climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe rope, etc).
• Personalized service of Peruvian mountain summit.
• Porters, who are support loading our collective climbing gear from base camp to moraine camp.
• Private transport from Huaraz –Chopi curve / Chopi curve – Huaraz.
• Climbing meal (breakfast, picnic or lunch and dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Climbing permits to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR
– Climbing boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Light weight Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Light weight Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.