Churup Lake Trek
Churup Lake is one of the most beautiful azure glacier lake in the Cordillera Blanca, the clear lake is reflecting the mount Churup, which is ideal for people, who are looking for acclimatization, then wants or attempt treks or climb with more time and higher elevation in cordillera Blanca & Huayhuash.
• Maximum altitude: 4480 m. (Churup lake).
• Difficulty: Hard.
• Duration: 2 days / 1 night.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Pitec settlement at (3850m) – Lake Churup at (4480m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 3 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 1 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 8.00 am. to the east side on dirt road until Pitec settlement, From Pitec we will start walking up toward Churup Lake, after 3 hour walking up we will reach the beautiful azure Churup Lake at 4480m. Overnight camp at Lake Churup.
DAY 2: Churup Lake at (4480m) – Pitec settlement at (3850m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 3 hours (descend) / driving time: 1 hours).
After our delicious breakfast we start walking up on the left shores of Churup lake toward mount Churup until Churupita lake at 4550m, which is lies below mount Churup, after visiting it we comeback on the same path up until our camp site, where we will spend one hour to enjoy the view focusing scenic pictures, to the background, after that we continue walking down until parking site, where our private transport is waiting us to comeback Huaraz city.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDE:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Pitec / Pitec – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A day pack about 40 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.