Churup Lake – Quillcayhuanca – Cojup – Ishinca Trek
Its located to the east site of Huaraz on Quillcayhuanca, Cojup & Ishinca valley, where is perfect place to enjoy the nature and to see wild animal in their habitats, lovely mountain view such as: mount san Juan, mount Tullparaju, mount Chinchey, mount Maparaju, mount Andavite, mount Ranrapalca, mount Palkaraju, mount Pucaranra, mount Ishinca, mount Tocllaraju and beautiful glacier lakes of Churup, Tullpacocha, and Pelorcocha.
• Maximum altitude: 5200 m. (Ishinca and Ranrapalca pass).
• Difficulty: Hard to challenge.
• Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Pitec settlement at (3850m) – Churup lake at (4480m) – Pitec settlement at (3850m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 1 hour).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am, to the east side until Pitec settlement. From Pitec we will start walking up toward Churup lake, enjoying highland vegetation as: Quenual trees, which are typical highland plants as soon as we reach higher and higher the view is better, for taking pictures, after 3 hours walking up we will reach Churup lake at 4480m, where we will spend one hour to have lunch, enjoying the view, and focusing scenic pictures, after that we will came back until Pitec camp. Overnight camp at Pitec.
DAY 2: Pitec Camp. at (3850m) – Cuchillacocha Lake camp at (4600m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend).
After our breakfast we will start walking up, along Quillcayhuanca valley, as soon as we approach at Tullpacocha lake we will enjoy terrific mountain view about snowcapped peaks as: Andavite at 5518m, Cayesh mount at 5721m, san Juan mount at 5843m, Tullparaju mount at 5786m, Chinchey mount at 6222m, and glacier lakes, our last trail is on switchbacks, until Cuchilllacocha lake camping spot. Overnight camp at Lake Cuchillacocha.
DAY 3: Cuchillacocha Lake camp. at (4600m) – Huapy pass at (5000m) –Palcacocha Lake camp at (4500m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
Very early we will visit the Cuchillacocha lake, then we walk up toward Huapy pass at 5000 m, where we will enjoy stunning view about a dozen peaks around us such as: mount Ranrapalca at 6162m, Tullparaju mount at 5780 m, Palcaraju mount at 6110 m, majestic Huantzan mount at 6395 m, after that we will descend until our camp site at head of Cojup valley at 4500m. Overnight camp at Cojup.
DAY 4: Cojup camp at (4500m) – Pelorcocha lake camp at (4800m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
After our hearty breakfast we will visit Palcacocha Lake, then we will climb up on not very clear path toward Pelorcocha lake at 4800 m, on the way up if we are lucky we will see wild animals as: vizcacha, Andean deer, our camping spot is lies just below Ranrapalca at 6162 m, in front of Palcaraju at 6276 m, Pucaranra mount to the south- east. Overnight camp at Pelorcocha.
DAY 5: Pelorcocha lake at (4800m) – Ishinca & Ranrapalca pass at (5200m) – Ishinca base camp at (4359m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
This day we will walk up toward the highest pass at 5200m, where we will traverse the glacier field about 30 minutes between Ishinca & Ranrapalca summits, mount Tocllaraju to the north, then we will descend until Ishinca base camp. In the afternoon we will enjoy taking splendid pictures about sunset. Last night camp at Ishinca base camp.
DAY 6: Ishinca base at (4359m) – Pashpa village at (3600m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 4 hours (descend) / driving time: 2 hours).
After our breakfast we will pick up ore trek gears, then we will walk down along Ishinca valley in some moments passing through dense Quenual forest, when we reach Cochapampa we will enjoy the amazing panorama view, where also we will finish our trek. Our private transport will be waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Portes, who will support loading our trek gear.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Pitec / Pashpa village – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Crampons, rope, harness, helmet carabine.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel .