Cordillera Huayhuash Trek
Cordillera Huayhush is beauty adventure circuit, with amazing and gorgeously view on different passes over 4500 m, altitudes, pristine turquoise glacier lakes, jagged snow-capped peaks as: Rondoy mount, Hirishanca mount, Siula mount, Puscanturpa, and majestic mount Yerupaja, which is the second highest peak in the Peruvian Andes, which is enough to become a mountain paradise. Walking on the valleys you will enjoy about highland vegetation, scrubland, grassland, wild animals and birds.
- Maximum altitude : 5020 m. (San Antonio view point)
- Difficulty : Hard
- Duration : 10 days / 9 nights
- Preferred time : April – October
- Location : Cordillera Huayhuash – Peru
- Average temperature : Between 13° C to 23° C during the day / at night -3°C to -1°C
Day 1 : Huaraz at (3100m) – Chiquian at (3400m) – Llamac village at (3300m) – Cuartelhuain camp at (4200m). (Driving time : 6 hours)
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am, to the south of Callejon de Huaylas on paved road until Chiquian, passing on the way bay Chiquian province, Llamac and Cocpa village until cuartelhuahin camp site at 4200 m. Overnight camp at Cuartelhuain.
Day 2 : Cuartelhuain camp at (4200m) – Cacananpunta pass at (4700m) – Mitucocha camp at (4230m). (time : 5 hours (climb up/climb down)
After our breakfast we will start walking up toward Cacananpunta pass at 4700 m, when we just reach it we will be on the continental divide, as well as we will enjoy taken amazing pictures about deep valleys, hills and snowcapped peaks. Then we will descend to our next camp at Jancapampa with amazing view of mount Hirishanca and mount Ninashanca to background. Overnight camp at Mitucocha.
Day 3 : Mitucocha camp at (4230m) – Carhuac pass at (4650m) – Carhuacocha lake camp at (4200m). (time : 5 hours (walk up/walk down)
Today trek is on easy terrain until reach Punta Carhuac pass at (4650m), from this pass we will be able to have breath- taking views of the highest peaks of Huayhuash such as: Yerupaja (6617m) and the famous Siula Grande (6344m), Hirishanca, after that we will start walking down until lake Carhuacocha, which is truly gorgeously place, scenic campsite with astonishing mountain view to the back ground. Overnight camp at Lake Carhuacocha.
Day 4 : Carhuacocha camp at (4200m) – Siula Pass (4830m) – Huayhuash camp at (4330m) / optional trek Carnicero pass at 4600m. (Trek time : 7 hours (climb up/climb down)
This day we will enjoy the spectacular sunrise, water lake is reflecting the mountain image after that we will start walking up toward Siula pass where we will enjoy the most fabulous breath taking views behind of three glacier lakes as Siula, Quesilococha, then we will continue walking down until Huayhuash camping spot at 4330 m. Overnight camp at Huayhuash.
Day 5 : Huayhuash camp at (4330m) – Portachuelo Pass (4750m) – Viconga (4430m). (Trek time : 6 hours (walk up/walk down)
We start walking up toward spectacular pass of Portachuelo de Huayhuash, we will see on the way mount Puscanturpa and mount Trapecio, over the pass we will enjoy the view of the Cordillera Raura, and then we will descend towards the largest Lake Viconga until Vigonca camp site. In the afternoon we will be able to enjoy taking shower and swimming in hot spring close our camp site. Overnight camp at Viconga.
Day 6 : Viconga – Cuyoc pass (5000 m) – San Antonio view point (5020m) – Guanacpatay camp at (44200m). (Trek time : 7 hours (walk up/walk down)
This day we will hike the second highest pass on our trek, after few days trekking above 4000 m, your body is now well acclimatized to cross the Punta Cuyoc pass, from the pass we will have the most impressive mountain views, and then we will continue descending on the steep segment until flat bottom grass valley, then we will climb up to san Antonio view point at 5020 m, from it we will have splendid view about summits, glacier lakes and deep valley, finally we come back on the same path until campo Elefante and Huanacpaty camp site at 4200m. Overnight camp at Huanacpatay.
Day 7 : Huanacpatay at (4200 m) – Huactic camp at (4350m). (Trek time : 7 hours (walk up/walk down)
After our hearty breakfast we will walk down along Huanacpatay valley until isolated Huayllapa hamlet, from this village we will walk up on by far narrow valley until reach grass valley of Huatiac, where is located our camping spot. Overnight camp at Huactiac.
Day 8 : Huatiac – Punta Tapush Pass (4750m) – Rinconada camp at (4250m). (Trek time : 5 hours (walk up/walk down)
After our breakfast we start walking up from Huatiac, toward Tapush pass, enjoying on the way Mountain View as: mount diablo Mudo, Lake Susucocha after that we will descend to our camp site, which is lies close Quenual forest. Overnight camp at Rinconada.
Day 9 : Caspapampa – Yaucha Pass at (4800m) – Jahuacocha camp at (4050m). (Trek time: 5 hours (walk up/walk down)
After our breakfast we will start walking up toward Punta Yaucha pass, from the pass we will enjoy taking the most spectacular mountain views such as: the majestic mount Yerupaja, and even condor if we are lucky, then we will continue walking down enjoying the spectacular view of Lake Jahuacocha and jirishanca mount until Jahuacocha campsite. Overnight camp at Jahuacocha.
Day 10 : Jahuacocha – Pampa Llamac (4300m) – Llamac – Huaraz. (time : 5 hours (walk up/walk down & driving time: 4 hours)
After completing successfully our Andean circuit we will start walking toward Pampa Llamac pass at 4300 m, where we will rest for taking last pictures, after that we will descend on slope trail until Llamac Village, where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES
- Qualified trekking guide
- Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes
- Full first aid kid
- Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.)
- Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more)
- Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit
- Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys
- Donkey service to transport our trek equipment
- Private transport from Huaraz – Cuartelhuain / Llamac – Huaraz
- Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner)
- The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness)
- You should do early book to get special discounts.
- For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz
- Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town
- Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with WiFi connection
- Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES
- Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 170.00 soles
- Alimentation in Huaraz city
- Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C)
PERSONAL TREK GEAR
- Hiking boots
- Polar Tec or wool gloves
- Sun hat
- Polar Tec or wool cap
- Sun glasses UV protection
- A back pack between 40 l to 70 l
- Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex
- Waterproof pants Gore-Tex
- Water bottle
- Sun scream
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Personal first aid kid
- Hiking poles
- Overcoat clothes
- A camera
- Sleeping bag -15°C
- Personal toilets and small synthetic towel