Cullicocha Lake Trek
Cullicocha lake is one of the most beautiful pristine glacier lake in the Cordillera Blanca, the clear water is reflecting the mount Santa Cruz, which is ideal for people, who are looking for acclimatization, then wants or attempt treks or climb with more time and higher elevation.
• Maximum altitude: 4600 m. (Cullicocha Lake).
• Difficulty: Hard.
• Duration: 2 days / 1 night.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Hualcayan village at (3139m) – Cullicocha Lake at (4600m). (Trek time: 5 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 3 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am. we will drive to the north side along Callejon de Huaylas on paved road until Caraz, then we will deviate to the north – east on dirt road until Hualcayan village at 3139m. From Hualcayan we will start walking up on many switchbacks, on steep hill, enjoying amazing view to the west about Cordillera Negra and Hualcayan village, after 5 hours walking up we will reach Cullicocha Lake at 4600m. Overnight at camp Cullicocha Lake.
DAY 2: Cullicocha Lake at (4600m) – Hualcayan village at (3139m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 5 hours (descend) / driving time: 3 hours).
After our delicious breakfast we start walking up until view point, which is lies below higher than Lake Cullicocha, after that we comeback enjoying spectacular view to the west until Hualcayan village, where our private transport is waiting us to comeback – Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkey service to transfer our trek equipment.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Hualcayan / Hualcayan – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner.).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz..
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Trekking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A day pack about 40 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel