Huascaran North Peak At 6655m – Huascaran South Peak at 6768m
Located to the north side of Huaraz, it is and impressive mole from each side is seen Huascaran is the highest peak in tropical site and into Cordillera Blanca, from the summit offer gorgeous view about deep valleys, major part of cordillera Blanca and glacier lakes, many lovely climbers from the world wide get to conquered it.
• Maximum altitude: 6768 m. (Huascaran south summit).
• Maximum altitude: 6655 m. (Huascaran north summit).
• Difficulty: Difficult.
• Duration: 8 days / 7 nights.
• Preferred time: May – September.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C on the top – 10°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Mancos village at (2528m) – Musho village at (3005m) – Huascaran base camp at (4200m). (Driving time: 2 hours / walk time: 4 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am toward north side of Callejon de Huaylas until Mancos at 2500m, after that we will drive on dirt road until reach Musho village, where we will meet with donkey driver and donkeys, who are going to load our climbing gear until base camp at 4200m. Overnight camp at Huascaran base camp
DAY 2: Huascaran base camp at (4200m) – Moraine camp at (4850m). (Climbing time: 3 hours (walk up).
This day after our breakfast at 8:00am, after that we will prepare our climb gear, to start walking up on rocky section toward moraine at 4850m, in this place we will have lunch, and in the afternoon we will enjoy impressive unset. Overnight camp at Huascaran moraine camp.
DAY 3: Moraine camp at (4850m) – High camp at (5350m). (Climbing time: 5 hours (ascent).
After our hearty breakfast we will move on rocky path until reach the glacier edge, then we will traverse until reach the high camp at 5350m. Overnight camp at Huascaran high camp.
DAY 4: High camp at (5350m) – Second high camp at (6010m). (Climbing time: 4 hours (ascent)
After our breakfast we will start climbing up toward col passing on the way up by a little bit dangerous avalanche site until reach the col in the middle of couple peaks, in the afternoon we will enjoy one of the most impressive sunset in whole of cordillera Blanca. Overnight camp at Huascaran second high camp.
DAY 5: Second high camp at (6010m) – Huascaran north peak at (6655m) – second high camp at (6010m). (Climbing time: 12 hours (ascent & descent).
This day we will have breakfast very early at 12:00 am, then we start walking up on the glacier with some steep and slope sections, after 7 hours climbing up we will reach the north summit at 6655m, from the summit we will have a breathtaking view to the cordillera Blanca, then we back on the same route up on rappels at difficult parts until reach our camp site. Overnight camp at moraine camp.
DAY 6: Second high camp at (6010m) – Huascaran south peak at (6768m) – second high camp at (6010m). (Climbing time: 12 hours (ascent & descent).
This day we will have breakfast very early at 12:00 am then we start walking up on switchbacks with some steep and slope sections, after 7 hours climbing up we will reach the north summit at 6768m, from the summit we will have a breathtaking view to the cordillera Blanca, then we back on the same route up on rappels at difficult parts until reach our camp. Overnight camp at moraine camp.
DAY 7: Second high camp at (6010m) – High camp at (5350m) – Moraine camp at (4850m). (Climbing time: 09 hours (descent).
After our breakfast at 6:00 am we will start walking down passing on the descent route bay little bit dangerous avalanche site then we get to high camp and we will continue descending until reach moraine at 485m. Last night camp at moraine camp.
DAY 8: Moraine camp at (4850m) – Musho at (3050m) – Huaraz. (Climbing time: 5 hours (descent).
After our breakfast at 8:00am we will pick up our climbing gears to back until base camp, where our donkey driver is waiting us to load our climb gear until Musho village, where our private transport is waiting us to back Huaraz. En our expeditions.
OUR CLIMB PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified mountain guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, chairs, table and full utensil kitchen).
• Climbing gear (climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe rope, etc).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkeys service to transport our climbing logistic.
• Porters, who are support loading our collective climbing gear from base camp to moraine camp.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Musho / Musho – Huaraz.
• Climbing meal (breakfast, picnic or lunch and dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Climbing permits to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR
– Climbing boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Light weight Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Light weight Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.