Ruta Alpina Trek
This alpine route developing in located in Cordillera Huayhush is beauty, strenuous, and wild adventure circuit, with amazing and gorgeously view on different passes over 4700 m, altitudes, pristine turquoise glacier lakes, jagged snow-capped peaks as: Rondoy mount, Hirishanca mount, Siula mount, Puscanturpa, and majestic mount Yerupaja, which is the second highest peak in the Peruvian Andes, which is enough to become a mountain paradise.
• Maximum altitude: 5130 m. (Rasac pass).
• Difficulty: Challenge – strenuous.
• Duration: 10 days / 9 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Huayhuash – Peru.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Chiquian at (3400m) – Llamac village at (3300m) – Cuartelhuain camp at (4200m). (Driving time: 6 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am, to the south of Callejon de Huaylas on paved road until Chiquian, passing on the way bay Chiquian province, Llamac and Pocpa village until Cuartelhuahin camp site at 4200 m. Overnight camp at Cuartelhuain
DAY 2: Cuartelhuain camp at (4200m) – Cacanan Punta pass at (4700m) – Mitucocha camp at (4230m). (Trek time: 5 hours (climb up/climb down).
After our breakfast we will start walking up toward Cacanan punta pass at 4700 m, when we just reach it we will be on the continental divide, as well as we will enjoy taken amazing pictures about deep valleys, hills and snowcapped peaks. Then we will descend to our next camp at Jancapampa with amazing view of mount Hirishanca and mount Ninashanca to background. Overnight camp at Mitucocha.
DAY 3: Mitucocha at (4230m) – Punta Alcay pass at (4740m) – Carhuacocha lake camp at (4200m). (Trek time: 7 hours (walk up/walk down).
After our breakfast we will start walking up toward Punta Alcay pass at (4740m), from this pass we will be able to have breath- taking views of the highest peaks of Huayhuash such as: Yerupaja (6617m) and the famous Siula Grande (6344m), Hirishanca, after an hour spending there for having lunch we will walk down until lake Carhuacocha, which is truly gorgeously place, scenic campsite with astonishing mountain view to the back ground. Overnight camp at Lake Carhuacocha.
DAY 4: Carhuacocha camp at (4200m) – Siula Pass (4830m) – Huayhuash camp at (4330m) / optional trek carnicero pass at 4600m.( Trek time: 7 hours (climb up/climb down).
This day we will enjoy the spectacular sunrise, water lake is reflecting the mountain image after that we will start walking up toward Siula pass where we will enjoy the most fabulous breath taking views behind of three glacier lakes as Siula, Quesilococha, then we will continue walking down until Huayhuash camping spot at 4330m. Overnight camp at Huayhuash.
DAY 5: Huayhuash at (4330m) –Trapecio base camp at (4700m). (Trek time: 4 hours (climb up/climb down).
This day after our breakfast we will walk up until mount Trapecio base camp at 4700 m, when we just get to camp site we will enjoy the amazing view after that we will climb up until Trapecio pass to enjoy berth taking view, where we will have lunch and back out camping spot. Overnight at Trapecio base camp.
DAY 6: Trapecio base camp at (4700m) – Trapecio pass at (5000m) – Jurao lake camp at (4343m). (Trek time: 7 hours (climb up/climb down).
This day very early we will walk up toward Trapecio pass at 5000m, enjoying the view about mount Cuyoc and mount Puscanturpa, from the pass we will be surrounded by giant snowcapped peaks, also from this place we will Traverce the snow field, after that we will descent until our camping spot at Jurao lake at 4343m.
Overnight camp at Jurao Lake.
DAY 7: Jurao Lake at (4343m) – Great view pass at (5129) – Lake Caramarca camp at (4575m). (Trek time: 7 hours (climb up/climb down).
This day we will walk up along Sarapococha valley, visiting on the way lake Sarapo and Santa Rosa at foot of Siula and Sarapo mount after that we will start climbing up until reach the highest point of this trek, where we will have lunch enjoying the panorama view taking scenic pictures around us, then we walk down toward ahead Segya valley until lake Caramarca. Overnight camp at Lake Caramarca.
DAY 8: Lake Caramarca at (4575m) – punta rasac pass at (5130m) – lake jahuacocha at (4050m). (Trek time: 7 hours (climb up/climb down).
After our hearty breakfast we will walk up toward Rasac pass at 5130 m, the path ascend on moraine, rocky and glacier, but with great mountain view, from the pass we will descend enjoying the amazing view about lake Barrosococha, Rasaqcocha, until get Jahuacocha, where is located our last camp site. Overnight camp at Jahuacocha.
DAY 9: Jahuacocha at (4050m) – Rondoy view point at (4750m) – Jahuacocha at (4050m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend) or rest day).
After our hearty breakfast we will start walking up along Jahuacocha valley, passing on the way by beautiful glacier lake Solteracocha and Jahuacocha, from the end the valley we will start climb up on steep way until reach Rondoy view point, where we will enjoy splendid view on clear day and we will focus taking pictures the range from north to south, after that we will back until our camp site. Last night camp at Jahuacocha.
DAY 10: Jahuacocha – Pampa Llamac (4300m) – Llamac – Huaraz. (time: 5 hours (walk up/walk down) driving time: 4 hours).
After completing successfully our Andean circuit we will start walking toward Pampa Llamac pass at 4300m, where we will rest for taking last pictures, after that we will descend on slope trail until Llamac Village, where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkey service to transfer our trek equipment.
• Porter support, to help us loading our collective trek gear.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Cuartelhuain / Llamac – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
TREK PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee 170.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Trekking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A bag pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Headlamp with extra batteries.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.