Huayhuash Mini Trek
Located to the south of Huaraz, it’s one of the most impressive Andean circuit, with panorama view from the passes, splendid sunset and sunrise, beautiful glacier lakes, huge sharp snowcapped peaks.
• Maximum altitude: 4750 m (Rondoy pass).
• Difficulty: Hard.
• Duration: 4 days / 3 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: cordillera Huayhuash – Peru
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Chiquian at (3400m) – Llamac village at (3300m) –Jahuacocha camp at (4050m). (Driving time: 6 hours / trek time: 5 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am to the south of Callejon de Huaylas on paved road until Chiquian, from Chiquian we will drive on dirt road until Llamac village at 3300 m, from Llamac we will climb up until reach Pampa Llamac pass, where we will have first view of Huayhuash range, then we will continue walking up until Jahuacocha camping spot. Overnight camp at Cuartelhuain.
DAY 2: Jahuacocha Lake at (4050m) – Sambunya pass at (4740m) – Rondoy pass at (4750m) – Rondoy camp at (4000m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
After our hearty breakfast we will pick up our trek gear, after that we will start walking up along jahuacocha valley, passing on the way by beautiful glacier lake Solteracocha and Jahuacocha, from the end the valley we will start climb up on steep way until reach highest pass of Rondoy, at the pass we will enjoy splendid view on clear day and we will focus taking pictures the range from north to south, after that we will descend to our cam site at Rondoy valley. Overnight camp at Rondoy camp.
DAY 3: Rondoy camp at (4000m) – Llamac village at (3300m). (Trek time: 6 hours (descend).
After our breakfast we will start walking down along Llamac valley passing on the road by Santa Luisa mining camp and pocpa hamlet until Llamac village. Last night camp at Llamac.
DAY 4: Llamac village at (3300m) – Huaraz at (3100m). (Driving time: 4 hours)
This day we comeback after visiting our beautiful Andean circuit, and also a little bit more distinct range than other
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkey service to transfer our trek equipment.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Llamac / Llamac – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
TREK PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee 50.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Trekking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A bag pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Headlamp with extra batteries.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.