Ishinca – Akilpo Trek
It’s located to the north site of Huaraz city on Ishinca & Akilpo valley, where is perfect place to enjoy the nature Quenual forest, and lovely panorama mountain view, its distinct than other treks, but is so beauty
• Maximum altitude: 5000 m. (Urus pass).
• Difficulty: Hard.
• Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Pashpa village at (3600m) – Ishinca base camp at (4350m) (Driving time: 2 hours / trek time: 4 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am. Toward north – east until Pashpa village at 3600 m, from this village we will start walking up enjoying the view several peaks including mount Huascaran at 6768m, and dense Quenual forest after 4 hours walking up we will reach the base camp at 4350m. Overnight camp at ishinca base camp.
DAY 2: Ishinca base camp at (4350m) – Urus pass at (5000m) – Akilpo camp at (4300m) (Trek time: 7 hours (ascend & descend).
After our hearty breakfast we will pick up our trek gear and we will walk up toward Urus pass at 5000 m, on the pass we will enjoy astonishing view on clear day, because we will be surrounded by many snowcapped peaks as Ranrapalca at 6162m, mount Tocllaraju at 6034m, mount Palcaraju at 6110m, mount Ocshapalca at 5880m, several glacier lakes, after that we will descend until our next camp at ahead Akilpo valley at 4300 m. Last night cap at akilpo
DAY 3: Akilpo camp at (4300m) – Honcopampa archaeological site at (3400m) – Huaraz (Trek time: 4 hours (descend)/ driving time: 2 hours).
This day we will descend along Akilpo valley until Honcopampa archaeological site, on the way down we will pass through dense Quenual forest. At Honcopampa village will be waiting us our private transport to back Huaraz
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Portes, who will support loading our trek gear.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Pashpa / Honcopampa village – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera .
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.