Ishinca – Cojup Trek
It’s located to the north – east site of Huaraz on Ishinca & Cojup valley, where is perfect place to enjoy the nature Quenual forest, and lovely panorama mountain view, several summits as: mount Urus, mount Tocllaraju, mount Ranrapalca, mount Ishinca, mount Palcaraju, this circuit is completely distinct and abrupt than other treks, but is so beauty.
• Maximum altitude: 5200 m. (Ishinca – Ranrapalca pass).
• Difficulty: Hard.
• Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Pashpa village at (3600m) – Ishinca base camp at (4350m) ( Driving time: 2 hours / trek time: 4 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am. toward north – east until Pashpa village at 3600 m, from this village we will start walking up enjoying the view several peaks including mount Huascaran at 6768m, and dense Quenual forest after 4 hours walking up we will reach the base camp at 4350 m. Overnight camp at Ishinca base camp.
DAY 2: Ishinca base camp at (4350m) – Ishina & Ranrapalca pass at (5200m) – Pelorcocha at (4800m) (Trek time: 7 hours (walk up/walk down).
After our breakfast we will start walking up toward the pass Ishinca and Ranrapalca at 5200 m, where we will traverse about 30 minutes glacier field, enjoying splendid view about giant peaks as: mount Ranrapalca at 662 m, mount Tullparaju at 5780m, mount Palcaraju at 6110m, and majestic Huascaran summits behind us, several glacier lakes in each valleys, we walk down until Pelorcocha camp site. Last night cap at pelorcocha.
DAY 3: Pelorcocha at (4800m) – Cojup gate at (3850m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 6 hours (descend) / driving time: 1 hour).
After our breakfast we will walk down on steep downhill until ahead Cojup valley after that we will continue walking down along Cojup valley, after 4 hours walking down we will get until Cojup gate, where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Portes, who will support loading our trek gear.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Pashpa / Cojup gate – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.