Located to the south of Huaraz, this compact range is so beauty Andean circuit, with amazing and gorgeously view on different passes over 4500 m, altitudes, pristine turquoise glacier lakes, jagged snow-capped peaks as: Rondoy mount, Hirishanca mount, Siula mount, Puscanturpa, and majestic mount Yerupaja, which is the second highest peak in the Peruvian Andes, which is enough to become a mountain paradise. Walking on the valleys you will enjoy about highland vegetation, scrubland, grassland, wild animals and birds.
• Maximum altitude: 4830 m. (Siula pass).
• Difficulty: Hard.
• Duration: 7 days / 6 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Huayhuash – Peru.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Chiquian at (3400m) – Llamac village at (3300m) – Pampa Llamac pass at (4300m) – Jahuacocha camp at (4050m) (Driving time: 5 hours / trek time: 4 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am, to the south of Callejon de Huaylas on paved road until Chiquian, from Chiquian we will drive on dirt road until Llamac village at 3300 m, from Llamac we will climb up until reach pampa Llamac pass, where we will have first view of Huayhuash range, then we will continue walking up until Jahuacocha camping spot. Overnight camp at Cuartelhuain.
DAY 2: Jahuacocha at (4050m) – Sambunya pass at (4740m) – Rondoy pass at (4750m) – Cuartelhuin camp at (4200m). (Trek time: 7 hours (ascend & descend).
After our hearty breakfast we will pick up our trek gear, after that we will start walking up along Jahuacocha valley, passing on the way by beautiful glacier lake Solteracocha and Jahuacocha, from the end the valley we will start climb up on steep way until reach highest pass of Rondoy, at the pass we will enjoy splendid view on clear day and we will focus taking pictures the range from north to south, after that we will walk down until our camp site at Cuartelhuain at 4200 m. In the afternoon we see amazing sunset. Overnight camp at Cuatelhuain.
DAY 3: Cuartelhuain camp at (4200m) – Cacananpunta pass at (4700m) – Mitucocha camp at (4230m) – Mitucocha Lake at (4230m) – Carhuac pass at (4650m) – Carhuacocha lake camp at (4200m). (Trek time: 9 hours (climb up/climb down).
After our breakfast we will start walking up toward Cacananpunta pass at 4700 m, when we just reach it we will be on the continental divide, as well as we will enjoy taken amazing pictures about deep valleys, hills and snowcapped peaks. Then we will descend until Jancapampa with amazing view of mount Hirishanca and mount Ninashanca to background. Then we continue walking up on easy terrain until reach second pass of Punta Carhuac at (4650m), from this pass we will be able to have breath- taking views of the highest peaks of Huayhuash such as: Yerupaja (6617m) and the famous Siula Grande (6344m), Hirishanca, after that we will descend until Carhuacocha lake, which is truly gorgeously place, and scenic campsite with astonishing mountain view to the back ground. Overnight camp at Carhuacocha.
DAY 4: Carhuacocha camp at (4200m) – Siula Pass (4830m) – Huayhuash camp at (4330m) / Optional trek Carnicero pass at (4600m). (Trek time: 7 hours (climb up/climb down).
this day we will enjoy the spectacular sunrise, water lake is reflecting the mountain image after that we will start walking up toward Siula pass where we will enjoy the most fabulous breath taking views behind of three glacier lakes as Siula, Quesilococha, then we will continue walking down until Huayhuash camping spot at 4330m. Overnight camp at Huayhuash.
DAY 5: Huayhuash camp at (4330m) – Portachuelo Pass (4750m) – Viconga (4430m). (Trek time: 6 hours (walk up/walk down).
We start walking up toward spectacular pass of Portachuelo de Huayhuash, we will see on the way Puscanturpa mount and Trapecio mount, over the pass we will enjoy the view of the Cordillera Raura, and then we will descend towards the largest Viconga Lake until Viconga camp site. In the afternoon we will be able to enjoy taking shower and swimming in hot spring close our camp site. Last night camp at Viconga,
DAY 6: Viconga (4430m) – pass at (4190m) – Cajatambo town (3375m). (Trek time: 7 hours (walk up/walk down).
After our breakfast we will pick up our trek gears, then we will walk down along Pumapampa valley until reach the pass, after that we will continue descending until Cajatambo town. In the afternoon we will do a short trip around the town. Overnight hotel.
DAY 7: Cajatambo town (3375m) – Barranca city – Huaraz. (Driving time: 10 hours)
This day very early we will pack every trek gears to back Huaraz, after spectacular expeditions in Cordillera Huayhuash.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkey service to transfer our trek equipment.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Llamac / Cajatambo – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
TREK PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee 170.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Trekking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A bag pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Headlamp with extra batteries .
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.