Maparaju at 5326 M and Huapy Climbing at 5421 M
This easy access peaks are Located in Quillcayhuanca valley, climbing these couple peaks not require a wide climbing experience to climb on the normal route, is a plece where you will have option to see several summits, wild animals as fox, Vizcacha (rodent family) and majestic and endemic condor.
• Maximum altitude: 5326 m. (Maparaju summit).
• Maximum altitude: 5421m. (Huapy summit).
• Difficulty: Moderate.
• Duration: 5 days / 4 nights.
• Preferred time: May – September.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Quillcayhuanca gate at (3850m) – Maparaju base at (4400m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 1 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 7.00 am to the east side on dirt road until Quilcayhuanca gate, From this place we will start walking up along Quilcayhuanca valley, after 6 hours walking up we will reach the base camp at 4150 m. Overnight camp at Maparaju base camp.
DAY 2: Maparaju base at (4400m) – Maparaju summit at 85326m) – base camp at (4400m). (Climbing time: 12 hours (ascent & descent).
This day very early after our breakfast we will start climbing up on not very clear path about 2 hours climbing up we will reach the glacier edge, in that place we put on our climbing gear an necessary tools to start climbing up toward the summit, after 3 hours we will be at the top, from the summit we will see several peaks around us such as: San Juan, Cayesh, Tumarina, and Huantzan mountain, then we will descent on the same route up until our base camp. Overnight camp at Maparaju base camp.
DAY 3: Maparaju base at (4400m) – Cuchillacocha camp at (4600m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend).
After our hearty breakfast we will pick up our climbing gear to move toward Cuchillacocha Lake at 4600 m. Overnight camp at cuchillacocha camp
DAY 4: Cuchillacocha lake camp at (4600m) – Huapy summit at (5421m) –Cuchillacocha lake. (Climbing time: 12 hours (ascent & descent).
This day very early after our breakfast we will start climbing up on not very clear path about 3 hours climbing up we will reach the glacier edge, in that place we put on our climbing gear an necessary tools to start climbing up toward the summit, after 3 hours we will be at the top at 5421 m, from the summit we will see several peaks around us such as: San Juan, Ranrapalca, Pucaranra and giant Huantsan peaks, then we will descent on the same route up until our camp to sleep and rest. Last night camp at Cuchillacocha camp.
DAY 5: Cuchillacocha camp at (4600m) – Quilcayhuanca gate at (3850m) – Huaraz. (Driving time: 1 hour / walk time: 6 hours (walk down).
After our breakfast we will pick up our climbing gear, after that we will walk down along Quillcayhuanca valley until gate valley, where our private transport is waiting us to back Huaraz. End our expedition.
OUR CLIMB PRICE INCLUDE:
• Qualified mountain guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, chairs, table and full utensil kitchen).
• Climbing gear (climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe rope, etc).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkeys service to transport our climbing logistic.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Quilcayhuanca / Quilcayhuanca – Huaraz.
• Climbing meal (breakfast, picnic or lunch and dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Climbing permits to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C) .
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR
– Climbing boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Light weight Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Light weight Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.