Olleros – Carhuascancha Trek
Located on Conchucos valley to the east of Codillera Blanca with terrific Mountain View, panorama landscape, glacier lakes, archaeological sites. The road begin on pre-Inca trail, then pass to the mountains, finishing at San Marcos village, in the afternoon on the way to Huaraz we will visit pre-Inca temple of Chavin.
• Maximum altitude: 4850 m (San Juan pass).
• Difficulty: Moderate – hard.
• Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Olleros village at (3450m) – Canrey chico village – Sacracancha at (4300m). (Trek time: 5 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 2 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 8:00 am. to the south of Callejon de Huaylas until Olleros village at 3450m, from this village we will start walking up along Uquian valley to the right bank of river until our first camp site, esteeming scrubland, huge snowcapped peaks as: mount Tuctupunta at 5343m, Shacsha mount at 5700m, Uruashraju mount at 5722m, Cashan mount at 5716, after 5 or 6 hours walking up we will reach the Sacracancha camp site. Overnight camp at Sacracancha.
DAY 2: Sacracancha Camp at (4300m) – Yanashallas pass at (4700m) –Shocopampa camp at (4050). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
After our breakfast we will start walking up toward Yanashallash pass at 4700m, where we will see clearly that pre-Inca trail cross the Cordillera Blanca from west to east to Conchucos valley after that we walk down on switchbacks until Shonco camping spot at 3850 m. Overnight camp at Shoncopampa.
DAY 3: Shocopampa at (4050m) – Hato village at (3700m) – Castillapampa at (3900m). (Trek time: 5 hours (descend & ascend).
After our breakfast we will start walking down until mountain village of Hato at 3700 m, after that we will start walking along Alhuinia valley until Castillapampa, on the way we will enjoy beautiful view of mount Rurec at 5700m, mount Uruashraju at 5722 m, and imposing mount Huantzan to the background. Overnight camp at Castillapampa.
DAY 4: Castillapampa camp at (3900m) –San Juan pass at (4850m) – Rima Rima camp at (4300m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
This beautiful day, after our hearty breakfast we will start walking up toward second pass, to the highest point of the trek at 4850m, on the pass on clear day we will enjoy gorgeous Mountain View, then we will descend on slippery and not very clear path until our camp site. Where we will enjoy a splendid sunset. Overnight camp at rima rima
DAY 5: Rima Rima at (3900m) – Mirador at (46000m) – Carhuascancha camp at (3900m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
This day very early after our breakfast we walk up toward view point at 4600 m, where we will see, Maparaju mount at 5326 m, san Juan mount at 5834 m, and giant sharp Huantzan mount, where also we will enjoy our box lunch enjoying the view, toward Carhuascancha after that we will descend valley until our campsite. Last night camp at Carhuascancha valley
DAY 6: Carhuascancha camp at (3900m) – San Marcos village at (2970m) – Chavin – Huaraz. (Trek time: 4 hours (descend) / driving time: 3 hours).
After our breakfast we will start walking down along Carhuascancha valley enjoying the view until San Marcos village, where our private transport is waiting us to bring until Chavin to visit the archaeological site, which was populated many years ago, in this place we will see gods of that epoch as: Lanzon, head with anthropomorphic designs, after that we will continue driving until Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkey service to transport our trek equipment.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Olleros / San Marcos village – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Headlamp with extra batteries.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes..
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.