Tours Pastoruri / Puya Raymondi
This is a adventure trip to the south of huaraz with amazing view of great plant of Puya Raimondi and colorful glacier lake, this trip will be a unique experience and unforgettable trip. This trip is ideal for visitors, who have a short time to visit our region. As well as it’s used as acclimatization for people, who wants to do treks, climb in Cordillera Blanca and Huayhuash for more time and higher elevation.
• Maximum altitude: 5100m (Pastoruri glacier).
• Duration: full day.
• Departure time: 9:30 am.
• Arrival time: 5:00 pm.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• average Temperature: Between 13°C – 23° C during the trip.
Departure from Huaraz toward Pastoruri glacier, passing on the way by picturesque towns as: Recuay, Ticapampa, Catac, in Catac town we will make stop for short time to drink coca tea, which is natural medicine for altitude sickness, then we continue driving up until Huascaran national park at Carpa sector, where we will see mineral water or hot spring of puma pampa, that water contain high sulfide mineral, lake of pumas mouth, where Quechua residents believe there rise rainbow, that is the characteristic that lake is well known as 7 colors lake, Puyas de Raimondi is one of the greatest highland plant because it has more than 10 meters tall with unique inflorescence in it whole live 4000 flowers, 5 million seeds by every plant, paint arts has 12 thousand years old.
After that we will walk up until foot the glacier of Pastoruri at (5100 m), where we will enjoy a unique experience touching the glacier, taking picture, then we walk down until parking site finally we will take our transport to back to Catac, where we will have an energetic lunch to recover the lost energy, after a short time to break we come back to Huaraz.
THE TOUR PRICE INCLUDE:
• Qualified official tour guide.
• Full first aid kid.
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Touristic transport.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDE:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 10.00 soles
– Alimentation during the trip
– Our tour rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
PERSONAL TOURS GEAR:
– Hiking boots
– Sun hat
– Sun glasses UV protection
– A day pack about 40 l.
– Water bottle
– Sun scream
– Personal first aid kid
– Hiking poles
– Overcoat clothes.