Pisco at 5752 m & chopicalqui climbing at 6,354m
This couple peak are located to the north side of Huaraz in Llanganuco valley, both summit are perfect for acclimatization first Pisco and the Chopicalqui. Offer a breathtaking mountain view from the summit, where we will be surrounded by huge snowcapped peaks, clearly visible about glacier lakes into deep valleys.
• Maximum altitude: 5752 m. Pisco summit).
• Maximum altitude: 56345 m. Cchopicalqui summit).
• Difficulty: Moderate – hard.
• Duration: 7 days / 6 nights.
• Preferred time: May – September.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Yungay town at (2500m) – Cebollapampa camp at (3900m) –Pisco base camp. at (4665m). (Driving time: 3 hours / walk time: 3 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 6:00 am toward north side along Callejon de Huaylas valley until Yungay town, from this place we will turn to the east to continue driving up toward Llanganuco valley passing on the way by beautiful couple glacier lakes until Cebollapampa where we will take donkey and donkey driver service, who is going to load our climbing gear until base camp at 46650m. Overnight camp at base camp.
DAY 2: Pisco base camp. at (4665m) – Pisco summit at (5752m) – Pisco base camp at (4665m). (Climbing time: 10 hours (ascent & descent).
After our breakfast at 1:00 we will start walking up toward Pisco summit at 5752m, after 3 hours we will pass the rocky moraine side, we will be at glacier edge, after 4 hours climbing up we will reach the top, on the summit we will see more than 10 summits, which are over 6 thousand meters high including giant mount Huascaran. Then we come back until our camping spot. Overnight camp at base camp.
DAY 3: Pisco base camp at (4665m) – Cebollapampa at (3900m) – Chopicalqui base camp at (4350m). (Trek time: 5 hours (walk down & walk up)/ driving time 20 minutes).
After our hearty breakfast at 7:00am we will pick up our climb gear to walk down until Cebollapampa, from this point we will take a transport service together with our porters then we move until big switchback of Chopicalqui, from this point we will walk up until Chopicalqui base camp at 4350m. Overnight camp at base camp.
DAY 4: Chopicalqui base camp. at (4350m) – Moraine Camp (4850m). (Trek time: 5 hours (walk up).
This day after our breakfast at 8:00am we will start walking up toward Moraine Camp at 4850m with porters support, after 4 hours walking up we will reach moraine camp site at 4850m. in the afternoon we will enjoy lovely sunset. Overnight at moraine camp.
DAY 5: Moraine Camp at (4850m) – High Camp (5400m). (Climbing time: 4 hours (ascent).
After our breakfast we will follow walking up With porters help, who are load our climbing stuffs, we will climb up on the rocky part until edge the ice, then we will continue climbing up by easy slopes route until reach the high camp on the southwest ridge. Overnight at high camp.
DAY 6: Chopicalqui high camp at (5400m) – Chopicalqui summit (6354 m) – high camp at (5400m) – Moraine Camp at (4850m). (Climbing time: 4 hours (ascent & descent).
Summit day, we will have breakfast very early at 1:00am then we will start climbing up on south west ridge with some steep snow and ice, after 6 hours climbing up we will reach the top, From the summit we are going to take the most magnificent pictures around us, several peaks as: Pisco at 5752m, Huandoy 6395m, Chacraraju 6112 m, Contrahierbas mountains 6036m, and peruvian highest peaks Huascaran 6768m. Then we will start descending on the same route with rappels on difficult sites until high camp – moraine camp. Last night camp at moraine or base camp.
DAY 7: Chopicalqui moraine camp/ base camp – Chopicalqui curve – Huaraz. (Climbing time: 4 hours (walk down)/ driving time: 3 hours).
After our breakfast at 8:00am we will pick up our climb gear and then we will walk down toward Chopicalqui curve, where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz. End our expeditions.
OUR CLIMB PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified mountain guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, chairs, table and full utensil kitchen).
• Climbing gear (climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe rope, etc).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkeys service to transport our climbing logistic.
• Porters, who are support loading our collective climbing gear from base camp to moraine camp.
• Transport from Huaraz – Cebollapampa / Curve Chopi – Huaraz.
• Transport service from Cebollapampa – curve Chopy.
• Climbing meal (breakfast, picnic or lunch and dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Climbing permits to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR
– Climbing boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Light weight Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Light weight Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel .