Pisco At 5752 m & Yanapaccha Climbing at 5,460 m
These couple are located to the north side of Huaraz on Llaganuco ravine both are surrounded by huge sharp vertical peaks with easy difficult on the west ridge with some steep sections, offer a dramatic view from the summit such as: deep valleys in each other, glacier lakes, several peaks over 6 thousand meters as: Huandoy, Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Yanapaccha, Chacraraju, Piramide Garcilaso, Caraz mountains and impressive lovely Alpamayo mountain.
• Maximum altitude: 5752 m (Pisco summit).
• Maximum altitude: 5460 m. (yanapaccha summit).
• Difficulty: moderate.
• Duration: 5 days / 4 nights.
• Preferred time: May – September.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Yungay town at (2500m) – Cebollapampa camp at (3900m) – Pisco base camp at (4665m). (Driving time: 3 hours / walk time: 3 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 6:00 am toward north side along Callejon de Huaylas valley until Yungay town, from this place we will turn to the east to continue driving up toward Llanganuco valley passing on the way by beautiful couple glacier lakes until Cebollapampa where we will take donkey and donkey driver service, who is going to load our climbing gear until base camp at 4650 m. Overnight camp at base camp.
DAY 2: Pisco base camp. at (4665m) – Pisco summit at (5752m) – Pisco base camp at (4665m). (Climbing time: 11 hours (ascent & descent).
After our breakfast at 1:00 am, we will start walking up toward Pisco summit at 5752m, after 3 hours we will pass the rocky moraine side, we will be at glacier edge, after 4 hours climbing up we will reach the top, on the summit we will see more than 10 summits, which are over 6 thousand meters high including giant mount Huascaran. Then we come back until our camping spot. Overnight camp at base camp.
DAY 3: Pisco base camp at (4665m) – Cebollapampa at (3900m) – Portachuelo de Llanganuco km 42 – Yanapaccha moraine camp at (4650m). (Trek time: 5 hours (descent & ascent)/ driving time: 1 hours).
After our hearty breakfast at 8:00 am. we will pick up our climb gear to walk down until Cebollapampa, where we will take a transport service to move our every climb gear until Potachuelo de Llanganuco km 42 at 4600 m, from this point we will start walking around 3 hours with porters support who are going to load our climbing gear until moraine camp at 4900 m. Overnight camp at moraine camp.
DAY 4: Yanapaccha moraine camp at (4900m) – Yanapaccha summit at (5460m) – moraine camp at (4600m). (Climbing time: 8 hours (ascent & descent).
After our breakfast at 2:00am we will start climbing up toward yanapaccha summit at 5460m, after 5 hours climbing up we will reach the top, on the summit we will see more than 10 summits, which are over 6 thousand meters high including giant mount Huascaran at 6768m. Then we come back on the same route climb up until moraine camping spot. Last night camp at base camp.
DAY 5: Yanapaccha moraine camp at (4600m) – curve km 42 at (4600m) – huaraz. (Trek time: 3 hours (descent)/ driving time: 3 hours).
After our hearty breakfast we will pick up our climb gear to walk down untilkm 42 km of Portachuelo de Llanganuco, where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR CLIMB PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified mountain guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, chairs, table and full utensil kitchen).
• Porters, who will support loading our climbing gear.
• Climbing gear (climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe rope, etc).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkeys service to transport our climbing logistic.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Cebollapampa / km 42 – huaraz.
• Public transport from Cebollapampa – Portachuelo de Llanganuco km 42.
• Climbing meal (breakfast, picnic or lunch and dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDE:
– Climbing permits to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles .
– Alimentation in Huaraz city
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR
– Climbing boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Light weight Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Light weight Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.