Rajucolta Lake Trek
CORDILLERA BLANCA PERÚ
It’s located to the east in Rajucolta valley, where is perfect place to enjoy the nature and to see wild animal in their habitats, as well as is ideal for acclimatization and lovely mountain view such as: mount san Juan, mount Huantzan, mount Huamashraju, mount Tumarinaraju, and beautiful glacier lake.
• Maximum altitude: 4300 m. (Tambillo Lake).
• Difficulty: Moderate – hard.
• Duration: 2 days / 1 night.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Rajucolta gate at (3850m) – Tambillo Lake at (4300m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 2 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 8.00 am. to the south until Paria Bridge then we will deviate to the east on dirt road until Rajucolta gate, from this place we will start walking up toward Lake Tambillo, along Shallap valley, after 5 or 6 hours walking up we will reach the lake at 4300m. Overnight camp at Lake Tambillo
DAY 2: Tambillo Lake at (4300m) – Rajucolta gate at (3850m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 5 hours (descend) / driving time: 2 hours).
After our breakfast we will spend enough time to focus scenic pictures, then we will come back until gate, where our private transport is waiting us to back Huaraz
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Rajucolta gate / Rajucolta gate – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.