Ranrapalca Climbing at 6,162m
This impressive colossus is located to the east of Huaraz, the normal rout is lies on the east face, to climb it require a wide climbing experience and technique because is a little bit mixt route. Offer gorgeous view from the summit, and also from it we will see major part of cordillera Blanca and Callejon of Huaylas valley.
Maximum altitude: 6162 m. (Ranrapalca summit).
• Difficulty: Difficult.
• Duration: 5 days / 4 nights.
• Preferred time: May – September.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C on the top – 10°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Pashpa village at (3600m) – Ishinca base camp at (4350m). (Driving time: 2 hours / walk time: 4 hours (walk up).
Departure from Huaraz at 8:00 am. toward north side of Callejon de Huaylas until Paltay town, from this place we will turn to the east until Pashpa village at 3600 m on dirt road, where we will meet with our donkey driver, who is going to load our climbing gear until base camp at 4350 m, where is located our camping spot. Overnight camp at Ishinca base camp.
DAY 2: Ishinca base camp at (4350m) – high camp at (5200m). (Climbing time: 5 hours (climb up).
This day after our breakfast we will prepare our climb gear, then we will climb up about 4 hours until reach high camp at 5200m on the glacier, which is lies between Ranrapalca & Ishinca mountains. Overnight camp at high camp
DAY 3: high camp at (5200m) – Ranrapalca summit at (6162m) – Ishinca base camp at (4350m). (Climbing time: 14 hours (ascent & descent).
This day very early at 1:00 am we will have breakfast, then we will start climbing up toward the summit on east face, after 7 hours ascending we will reach the summit of Ranrapalca mount at 6162 m, on the top we will enjoy astonishing mountains view about lower and or higher elevation that ranrapalca such as: Palcaraju, Tocllaraju, Ishinca, Vallunaraju, Pucaranra mountains, and majestic Huantzan summit, then we descent by rappels until end the icefall, then we will continue walking on glacier until high camp to rest and sleep. Overnight camp at high camp.
DAY 4: high camp at (5200m) – Ishinca base camp at (4350m). (Retrace time: 5 hours (descent).
After our breakfast we will pick up our climbing gears, then we will descent until Ishinca base camp where we will rest and spend the last night enjoying the gorgeous sunset. Last night at Ishinca base camp.
DAY 5: Ishinca base camp at (4350m) – Pashpa village at (3600m) – Huaraz.
(Driving time: 2 hours / walk time: 4 hours (walk down).
After our breakfast we will pick up our climbing gear, after that we will walk down along Ishinca valley until Cochapampa, where our private transport is waiting us to back Huaraz. End our expedition.
OUR CLIMB PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified mountain guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, chairs, table and full utensil kitchen).
• Climbing gear (climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe rope, etc).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkeys service to transport our climbing logistic.
• Porters, who are support loading our collective climbing gear from base camp to moraine camp.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Pashpa / Pashpa – Huaraz.
• Climbing meal (breakfast, picnic or lunch and dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Climbing permits to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR
– Climbing boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Light weight Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Light weight Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.