Rurec – Rajucolta Trek
It’s located to the east of Huaraz, this trek is perfect place to enjoy the nature, panorama mountain view, impressive glacier lakes view, this circuit is not recommendable for people, who are not in shape because is challenge and strenuous trek, besides its ideal for people, who are looking for a maximum adventure
• Maximum altitude: 5100 m. (Yararhua pass).
• Difficulty: Challenge – strenuous.
• Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
Day 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Olleros at (3450m) – Quisuar at (3500m) – Lake Tararhua camp at (4480m). (Trek time: 6 hours (walk up) / driving time: 2 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am. to the south of Callejon de Huaylas until Olleros village at 3450m, from this point we will start walking up on the left bank of Rio Negro until Acocancha, from this place we will walk up along flat grass Rurec valley enjoying the Amazing view of mount Shacsha at 5700 m, mount Uruashraju at 5722 m. until reach our camp site at lake Tararhua at 4480m. Overnight camp at Tararhua Lake.
DAY 2: Tararua Lake (4480m) – Yararua pass at (5100m) – Tambillo Lake at (4300m). ( Trek time: 7 hours (ascend & descend).
This day we are going to ascend until the pass over 5100m high, where we will enjoy taking the most astonishing pictures about huge snowcapped peaks around us such as: mount Rurec, mount Uruashraju, mount Huantzan and mount Huamash raju, Then we will descent on the slope and rocky path until Lake tambillo head of Rajucolta valley. Last night camp at Lake Tambillo.
DAY 3: Tambillo Lake at (4300m) – Rajucolta gate at (4000m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 5 hours (descend) / driving time: 1 hour).
After our breakfast we will walk down along Rajucolta valley until gate. Where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Portes, who will support loading our trek gear.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Rajucolta gate / Jancu village – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.