Santa Cruz – Ulta Trek
This trek is one of the most popular trek routes in whole of Cordillera Blanca, with magnificent panorama Mountain Views, glacier lakes and lagoons, where you will have a chance to see popular mounts to climb as: mount Alpamayo, Quitaraju, Artezonraju, and Taulliraju, from the Punta Union pass offer a gorgeous view, beside from the second pass of Yanayacu we will appreciate the giant peak of mount Huascaran.
• Maximum altitude: 4750 m. (Punta Union pass).
• Difficulty: Moderate.
• Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Caraz at (2200m) – Cashapampa village at (2970m) – Llamacoral camp at (3760m). (Trek time: 4 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 3 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am we will drive to the north side of Huaraz along Callejon de Huaylas on paved road until Caraz at 2200 m, then we will deviate to the north – east on dirt road until Cashapampa village at 2970m. From this point we will start walking up along narrow Santa Cruz valley with sparkling waterfalls, groves & high land bushes and trees until reach a wide meadow, where is located our campsite with spectacular view to the background about mount Taulliraju. Overnight camp at Llamacoral.
DAY 2: Llamacoral at (3760m) – Arhuaycocha Lake at (4450m) – Taullipampa camp at (4250m). (Trek time: 8 hours (ascend & descend) .
After breakfast, we will start walking up on grass meadow, passing beautiful mountain lakes of Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha , continue hiking up on the Santa Cruz valley until Quisuar, after that we will walk up on steep hill, but the trail winds up on sig sag until Alpamayo viewpoint above Arhuaycocha gorge, and Arhueycocha lake at 4450m, where we will relax and enjoy the splendid summit views of the majestic mountains of Alpamayo, and another peaks, after a break we will come back on the same route up until Alpamayo view point, from it the route bring us to isolated Taullipampa campsite, with astonishing sunset view. Overnight camp at Taullipampa
DAY 3: Taullipampa Camp. at (4250m) – Punta Union pass at (4750m) –Cachinapampa camp. at (3700m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
After our breakfast we will start walking up toward Punta Union, which is the highest point of this trek, on pass we will enjoy the most spectacular & panoramic views surrounded by huge mountains as: mount Taulliraju, Artezonraju, Pucajirca and other peaks, turquoise lakes, we after crossing the pass we will descend on slope and rocky trail toward Huaripampa valley, watching small glacier lakes, waterfalls & high land groves and trees, mount Huascaran, which are garnishing our trail until our campsite at Cachinapampa on Huaripampa valley. Overnight camp at Cachinapampa.
DAY 4: Paria camp at (4200m) – Molinopampa camp at (3460m). (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
After our breakfast we will start walking down along the Huaripampa valley, passing on the way by Huaripampa and Colcabamba village with sociable residents, after that we will walk up on footpath until our camp site at Molinopampa.
Overnight camp at Molinopampa.
DAY 5: Molinopampa camp at (3460m) – Avalancha camp at (4530m). (Trek time: 4 hours (ascend & descend).
After our breakfast as usually we start walking up along Queshu valley enjoying the beautiful view until reach avalanche camping spot, where we will enjoy amazing Mountain View, mountain forest, wild animals as Vizchacha (rodent family), Andean deer, Last night camp at Avalanche.
DAY 6: Avalancha camp at (4530m) – Yanayacu pass at (4850m) – Ulta – Huaraz. (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend)/ driving time: 3 hours).
After our breakfast we start walking up our last day trek toward Yanayacu pass at 4850 m, where we will have splendid view on clear day about mount Ulta at 5875m, mount Chopicalqui at 6354 m, mount Huascaran 6768 m, which is the highest peak in the tropical site, after that we walk down along Ulta valley until find the road, where finish our trek, and also where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkey service to transport our trek equipment.
private transport from Huaraz – Cashapampa / Ulta – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Headlamp with extra batteries.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C..
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel