Uruscocha Lake Trek
Uruscocha Lake is located on mountainside of mount Urus one of the most impressive day hikes in the Cordillera Blanca, , this trek ideal for people, who are looking for acclimatization, then wants or attempt treks or climb with more time and higher elevation
• Maximum altitude: 4350 m. (Uruscocha Lake).
• Difficulty: Moderate – hard.
• Duration: 2 days / 1 night.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Pashpa village at (3600m) –Lake Uruscocha at (4350m). (Trek time: 3 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 1 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 8.00 am, to the north – east side on paved way, erfer 20 minutes we will deviate to the east on dirt road until Pashpa village at 3600 m, From this village we will start walking up toward lake churup, after 3 hour walking up we will reach the beautiful green glacier lake at 4350 m. Overnight camp at Uruscocha Lake.
DAY 2: Uruscocha Lake at (4350m) – Pashpa village at (3600m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 3 hours (descent) / driving time: 1 hours).
After our breakfast we will start walking toward to small lookout, where will enjoy focusing dramatic pictures, after that we come back to Pashpa village on the way back enjoying the melting glaciers that activity is forming impressive waterfalls and rivers that run deep valleys. At Pashpa our private transport is waiting to comeback Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Pashpa / Pashpa – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l – 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.