Vallunaraju Climbing at 5686m
It’s one of the most preferred summit for acclimatization, besides its ideal for developing mountaineering courses, as well as for visitors, that have a short time visiting our region, Vallunaraju mountain is one of the nearest to Huaraz , part of Chinchey’s group into cordillera Blanca. Offer a breathtaking view from the summit including majestic mount Huascaran.
• Maximum altitude: 5686 m. (Vallunaraju summit).
• Difficulty: Moderate.
• Duration: 2 days / 1 night.
• Preferred time: May – September.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -05°C to – 02°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Llaca base camp at (4400m) – Moraine camp site at (4900m). (Walk time: 3 hours (climb up) / driving time: 2 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 9.00 am. to the east of Huaraz until Llaca base camp at 4400m, from base camp we will start climbing up toward moraine, after 3 hours walking up we will reach the campsite at 4900m. In the afternoon we will enjoy taking scenic photos about beautiful sunset. Overnight camp at moraine.
DAY 2: Vallunaraju moraine at (4900m) – Vallunaraju Summit at (5686m) – moraine – base camp – Huaraz. (Climbing time: 10 hours (ascent & descent) / driving time: 2 hours).
SUMMIT DAY we will have breakfast very early at 2:00 am, then we will start walking up on rock slabs until glacier edge around 15 minutes, where we will put on our climb gears and tools to start climbing up on ice terrace until reach the summit at 5686m, on the summit we will enjoy gorgeous view and spectacular sunrise, mountain view as cordillera Negra to the west, several impressive summits over 6 thousand meters around us as: Tocllaraju mountain, Chopicalqui mountain, Huascaran mount, Copa mount, Ocshapalca mountain, Ranrapalca mountain, Huantzan mountain, after spend enough time to take scenic pictures we will descent on the same path up until moraine, where we will take a short time to break, after following down until Llaca base camp, where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR CLIMB PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified mountain guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Climbing gear (climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe rope, etc).
• Personalized service of Peruvian Mountain Summit.
• Porters, who will support loading our collective climbing gear.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Llaca base camp / Llaca base camp – Huaraz.
• Climbing meal (breakfast, picnic or lunch and dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Climbing permits to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR:
– Climbing boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Light weight Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Light weight Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.